In keeping with the mission of the church and the suggested protocols issued by government and health officials, the Session has agreed to resume public services of worship. We encourage the most vulnerable members of the congregation to remain at home for the time being and continue to watch the live simulcast service from the media tab of this website. Those in attendance should follow the strict social distancing protocols currently in place. If there is a significant increase in reported cases of COVID-19 in the Anderson area, we may cancel public services again for a time.
Keeping in mind the following guidelines will help to insure a safe and meaningful restoration of our public ministries:
- Our internet streaming services through SermonAudio.com will continue on Sunday mornings.
- We will meet in the chapel for Sunday morning services at 10:30 AM.
- Sunday School classes are at 9:30AM.
- The Ladies Thursday Morning Bible Study will meet at the church on Thursday mornings at 9:30 AM. Childcare is provided. The Men’s Thursday Morning Bible Study is meeting at 7:00 AM at the Electric City Brewing Co. at 109 E. Calhoun St. in downtown Anderson. Both of these studies will end the week before Thanksgiving.
- Home Groups are meeting on Sunday evenings at the group’s discretion.
- Social distancing protocols will be in place. When possible, please space yourself/your family way from others in the chapel and other public areas.
- Refrain from shaking hands, hugging, or other forms of physical contact.
- Please wear a face mask upon entering and exiting the building and in more confined spaces such as the hallways and restrooms. Please also wear a mask while singing. A mask is not necessary while seated.
- Please do not attend if you fall into one of these categories:
a. Individuals with: chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, serious heart conditions, immunocompromised including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, prolonged use of corticosteroids or other immune-weakening medications, severe obesity, diabetes, chronic kidney disease and undergoing dialysis, liver disease
b. Those who are or have recently been sick
e. Those who have any symptoms of COVID-19: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell
- The bathrooms will be open for use.
- The Sexton and ushers will endeavor to clean and sanitize public areas and provide hand sanitizer at the entrance of the church.
We would be very grateful for your prayers and patient cooperation as we open the church for public worship. The social distancing protocols and healthcare guidelines may need to remain in place for quite some time. If you feel uncomfortable attending worship, please continue to be both careful and prayerful while remaining at home.
May the Lord continue to bless you during these unique times and may you draw closer to Him during quarantine. We hope to see you, in person, on Sunday!
Soli Deo Gloria!